Monday, December 20, 2010

My First Blog

On a chilly Friday morning am attempting my first blog on the 812 Virar fast. So here it is:-

I have been passionate about food and exploring the different cuisines Indian, Continental a staunch follower of Chinese philosophy "anything that crawls and has its back to the sun".
 Not till about 5 yrs ago I discovered that, my ability to devour large portions of my mum's cooking had given way to an ability to experiment with food cooking, eating & analyzing food ranging from authentic Greek n' Italian to English Pub food. There is this thing about English pub food may sound boring n' bland however which is good once you understand it try it and enjoy the subtle flavors of anything from an Ale pie to portion of Cod fried in batter which is a lot better than the much touted fish n chips which tends to give you a headache at the end of the meal not to mention the quart of oil you end up consuming with it.

Coming back to where I left, my abilities with food towards which I harbor 2 schools of thought when it comes to what I can describe as a transformation that I went through during the time I was pursuing education in the UK and the time spent in the heart of English Countryside.  

 Fond of eating good food & Keeping oneself happy  
A common almost cliché for a lot of people, we all like good food. Indeed necessary to survive which entails not just not being hungry (keeping that tummy quiet) but also the core need to be happy both basic human needs.  
 Living our daily lives and the things one needs to keep doing to survive, for me food has played a major role. Its significance I fully understood in the time I spent in the UK. More on which I will write about in my next blog.

2 comments:

  1. I think Lancaster was a graduation in Life Experiences ... But yeah, you were the best cook on campus without a second thought ... Keep it up Yaaks :)

    ReplyDelete